Digital Business Analysis is about the tracking and analysis of projects, marketing campaign results, consumer habits and market trends. The digital business analyst is the figure in charge of analyze business process in order to understand what has been optimize and what have to be improved on the basis of the actual results looking to data and information in a quantitative and qualitative approach. Is the figure that facilitates the “making sense” of a problem domain by enabling teams to articulate information, explore items under discussion and converge towards a clear and common outcome.
The concept of the Digital Business Analyst has been gaining a momentum and more and more organizations are developing their digital fluency. Working in a digital organization is about using data and digital information technology system as a driver for business. This trend is going to continue, and a Digital Business Analyst must have specific competences.
- Understand the strategic business path: a company have to move by defining, understanding and apply the strategic business view. This allows people and data analysis to translate the strategy into actionable initiatives providing clear outcomes to achieve;
- Reimagine business process: digitalization moves fast and most of the time, a process must be reinvented and not just improved. In order to succeed, you need to understand business processes, analyze processes, develop new processes and drive organizations to change;
- Use data strategically: data are key in order to understand customers and create a collaboration with the company’s stakeholders. We collect many data from customers through our interactions and social media and use, interpret and understand data allow us to create better solutions based on evidence;
- Embrace product management: is important be accountable also for the outcomes resulting from a company’s products and establish a deep understanding of customers and related needs;
- Business analysis, mathematics and statistical competences: is important that a business analysis figure, understand business and communicate with all the internal and important figures in order to understand the needs and goals the business must achieve. But data must be analyzed and used and so, advanced IT tools are at the bases of its competences.
A good business analyst will help stakeholders and team members across all disciplines to articulate information in the most appropriate way that drive towards the expected and valuable outcome.