Enterprises now must transform their identity into digital enterprises, enabling every process from production, to customer retention and supply chain, in order to serve customers digitally. According to surveys, companies should always look for technology-supported changes that always favor digital transformation and its impact. Digital Transformation is fundamental to rise the enterprise and their impact on the market. Successful transformation integrates security in the application lifecycle right at the start. Investing in secure application platforms and then automating security policies is fundamental. Innovation is necessary for a company to continue to grow and survive. As companies grow larger, it can be harder to innovate. Established patterns and processes at large companies can hinder the ability of those companies to generate innovation.
For the digital transformation to be successful, companies need to focus on six pillars that are beyond technologies. This change is possible only if organizations embrace evolution right. Is fundamental to understand that every change and transformation, requires patience and must be based on measurable indicators for each step of its implementation. But digital transformation is not just the adoption of a set of technologies. Is about creating a culture of cooperation and innovation, supported using digital tools. The six pillars of digital transformation are experience, people, change, innovation, leadership and culture.
- Experience: companies must understand the customer journey, behaviors and expectations before investing in technology. These expectations should be at the basis of every enterprises’ investments, companies do not have to ask customers to change to fit new processes. In change implementation, is important to adapt and focus innovation to customers experience. Is important to create a deep connection with clients that go beyond a product or service;
- People: individuals are the most critical part for digital transformation. Leaders and managers must put people and employees at first. Is important to emphasize the nurturing of individuals as well as their experience with the company. The companies that invest in their people, commit to their development and respect their ideas, builds a loyalty that makes change management much easier to realize. Technology could be a useful tool in order to reach employees, customers and other experts;
- Change: understand change is fundamental. Change must not be forced but understood. Companies must communicate their expectations to people, developing a strategy that encourage change and a company’s evolution;
- Innovation: transformation and innovation are different things. In order to transform, there must be innovation. Innovation can be defined as a set of tools that let your company face with changes. Innovation requires a space of open communication, collaboration and freedom to create. Innovation must be constant;
- Leadership: if you want your organization to change, this must comes form the top. Leaders should be proactive and lead change instead of just following. Senior management must create a sense of “urgency” around the changes and new initiatives, but innovation efforts cannot succeed without skilled and dedicated workers. It is also important to staff new ventures with some of the best firm’s best talent;
- Culture: each transformation, digital or not, could not survive without the right business culture.
In summary, the development of new businesses and innovations help drive firm growth. These best practices about how to catch innovation, need to be customized to each company and situation and not all apply to every firm.