Business improvement, cost reduction and profit increase are just few things every business look for. There is not one technique, one methodology or one tool that will help companies doing so. There are just managerial business techniques that, if well implemented, could help companies in achieve the desired business improvement.
From market’s analysis, emerge that there are some techniques that are common between successful companies. These techniques will generate success if implemented all togethers and one after the other.
- Create an operational excellence group: will be easier to achieve the business improvement if there are people in charge of that. Regular meetings and the right team members will help in achieve that goal;
- Define and implement the action plan: most of projects die in their planning stage. In order to create a good action plan, companies must to identify the problem, what needs to change, what the organization need to make the change a success, look for tools and methodologies that fit perfectly with the organization and consider if it has the right and needed amount of resources, to start with the implementation of the defined action plan;
- Create a culture around the improvement initiative. People inside the company, each people of every level, must accept and understand why a change and an improvement is needed. Is common and real the resistance to change and if bad managed, that can generates problems. Is important to manage people and their acceptance of change and innovation;
- Keep your employees informed. Create events that advertise your employees of the business improvement project. Make sure they know all the initiatives and in which project phase these are;
- Remember that in the project of change are involved not only those taking part to the action plan. Projects could be huge, and people could be involved indirectly. The more people are involved with the change, the more people you will have to communicate change to;
- Create a process map. Know your project and where the process is, is fundamental;
- There is no an end. Any project is characterized by an ever-ending story. It means that projects life is a circle involving a continuous improvement.